Postdoctoral Research Scholar - DEPP
Position TypePost Doc
Department ID111801 - Entomology and Plant Pathology
Department111801 - Entomology and Plant Pathology
Job City & StateRaleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties
The position is based in Raleigh, NC but will require driving to research field.
Work ScheduleMonday- Friday, 8am-5pm
Department Required Skills
- PhD in Plant Pathology, Microbiology or a related field of study that has equipped the applicant with the necessary knowled, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- PhD awarded no more than five (5) years from initial date of postdoctoral appointment.
- Proficiency is required with computer software and hardware, statistical analyses in SAS, R, JMP or other statistical software.
- Mastery of molecular techniques is essential and field experience.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent computer coding, organizational, interpersonal, and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Competitive candidates must have significant field, greenhouse and microbiological experience as it relates to phytopathogenic bacteria.
- Phytobacteriology and applied plant pathology experience will be viewed positively.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- Experience and mastery of molecular techniques including: primer design, PCR, electrophoresis, qPCR, cloning and mutagenesis is highly desired.
- Management experiences preferred
- Experience in vegetable planting, harvesting, experimental record keeping, molecular analyses, pesticide applications, maintaining safety in the laboratory, presenting results in written reports and oral presentations, and other duties.
Required License or Certification
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain an NC Driver’s License within 60 days of hire.
The incumbent may be required to drive departmental trucks and vehicles to conduct field and greenhouse trials and research.
Valid NC Driver's License required?Yes
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with Experience
If you anticipate multiple hires from this search, please indicate how many2
Job Open Date09/12/2023
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*