Posting Details (Default Section)
Senior Director Online Learning
Staff Position (Full Time/Part Time)
Remote options and Relocation available. Picture Yourself Here
Why Join WCC ?
- An inclusive, welcoming environment for our students, faculty & staff
- Generous Paid Time Off on top of 12 Paid Holidays
- Affordable & Comprehensive Health, Dental, Life & Vision Insurance
- 4:1 Employer Match for Retirement
- WCC Tuition paid for you AND your dependents
- Tuition reimbursement for colleges outside WCC
- Check our Total Rewards here
The Senior Director of Online Learning manages all operational aspects related to the online learning department. This multifaceted position includes the leadership of innovation for online learning, leading the growth of the staff within the Center for Interactive Teaching and Learning, optimizing, and maximizing the process and workflow for online course design and instructional development, and supervising the LMS administration at all levels.
The ideal candidate will serve as a Change Agent with clear vision, who is patient yet persistent, who asks tough questions, who is knowledgeable and leads by example, and who can build strong relationships. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and innovative solutions with their team.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the vision and direction of online learning at the direction of the Executive Director to meet the college’s strategic goals for online learning.
- Manage the daily operations of the Center for Interactive Teaching and Learning and oversee team of instructional designers, instructional technologists, creative media specialists, and faculty support.
- Develop and modify efficient and sustainable workflow processes and procedures for internal Center for Interactive Teaching & Learning processes to provide online learning services and instructional support.
- Collaborate on the effective use of instructional design strategies, multimedia technologies, and instructional software to optimize online learning programing and educational delivery.
- Manage course design and development process, including course development contracts, quality assurance in the course design process, and innovation within instructional design practices.
- Collaborate with faculty to provide professional development programs relating to best practices in online teaching and other academic initiatives to support faculty and student success.
- Oversee the college’s learning management system, including but not limited to optimizing use of the system, identifying trends in helpdesk support, and directing faculty support to drive change in teaching and learning.
Coordinate other internal operations as determined by the Executive Director and Vice President of Instruction.
- Supervise part-time employees or student workers, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or higher in educational technology, instructional design, education, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of college-level administrative and management experience overseeing instructional design, faculty training, and online learning innovation.
- Extensive experience in the use of technology in instruction and research.
- Experience managing or supervising creative and technical staff.
- Administrative experience with Learning Management Systems specifically Canvas.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal staff and faculty to advance online learning.
- Successful project management experience.
- Knowledge of ADA, Section 508, FERPA and copyright standards.
- Doctorate degree in learning technology, educational technology, higher education administration, or related field.
- Experience teaching at a college level.
- Demonstrated experience Blackboard
- Experience with transitioning Learning Management Systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete all sections of the application and submit required documents.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students, faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum starting salary $93,531. Salary commensurate with experience.
Current Washtenaw Community College Employees Salary is determined by BOT Policy 5005***An Administrative Group employee whose job has been reclassified or who is promoted to a new position shall have his/her salary set at the new salary range minimum or at 10% above current salary, whichever is greater. Starting rate/salary is determined based on education and work history listed on application.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*