How to Apply
Candidates visit the online application to submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Scholarship statement (up to 2 pages)
- Teaching/mentoring statement (up to 2 pages) highlighting teaching and mentoring philosophies, and experience in developing courses
- A Diversity statement (up to 2 pages) reflecting the candidate's commitment to the School's goal of establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment; please refer to this site for additional resources.
- Three writing samples
- Writing examples may include published works, media works, syllabi or detailed schedules for courses and workshops, case examples, and opinion pieces. Letters of recommendation may be requested at a later date.
- The application will also collect information about your current employer, degree information, credentials, and full names and email addresses for at least three references.
- Please submit an application at https://ssw.umich.edu/about/faculty-openings
- Only applications submitted through the ssw.umich.edu portal will be considered
The School of Social Work is committed to a University-wide initiative that aims to enhance social justice, antiracism, diversity, equity, and create an inclusive climate. We seek outstanding applicants who will contribute to the School's diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan. Michigan Social Work faculty members strive to be leaders in scholarship, education, and service for socially just communities in Michigan, the United States, and across the world. They respond to social challenges in this highly politicized and technologized world by supporting scholarly and academic excellence; equity in education, health and social services; and they draw on scientific and critical theories that support the understanding of social challenges and then work to develop translational solutions to these challenges. We seek new faculty members whose interests and commitments fit this philosophy. For more information about the University's diversity initiative please visit: https://ssw.umich.edu/about/diversity-equity-inclusion.
Tenured Associate/Full Professor in Intervention Research: The School of Social Work seeks an exceptional mid-career or senior scholar with an established research program in intervention research and/or implementation science to complement existing faculty strength. The ideal candidate will have the capacity to provide leadership and mentoring of other faculty and trainees in the development, testing, adaptation, and/or implementation of innovative interventions for underserved populations found in a variety of settings such as the mental health system, health care, child welfare, aging services, schools, disability services, and the criminal legal system. We seek candidates with a strong collaborative orientation, capacity to mentor early career scholars and doctoral students, a strong record of extramural funding, and an exceptional portfolio of publication and dissemination products. Preferred candidates will have an MSW degree or equivalent and an earned doctorate in social work or a related field.
- A doctoral degree is required.
- The MSW degree is preferred
Review of applications will begin on October 20 and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*