Staff Nurse Per Diem
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Internal Number: 211244
Rutgers The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Staff Nurse Per Diem in the Department of Inpatient Units, Crisis and Acute Psychiatric Services within Rutgers University Behavioral Healthcare.
The Staff Nurse provides nursing services and participates in the delivery of individualized, goal directed nursing care through the use of the nursing process in accordance with the departmental and hospital policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements. The staff nurse functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team; participates in quality improvement activities, educational activities and supports research endeavors. The role is consistent with the scope and standards outlined by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assesses and diagnoses patient, family and significant other needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Performs admission assessment in accordance with specific unit standards.
- Incorporates specific assessment of bio/psycho/social/sexual/spiritual status at the time of admission and throughout care; compares and contrasts to age norms as one indicator of health, actual or potential deviations from health, and individualized need for nursing intervention.
- Develops, discusses and communicates a realistic, individualized plan of care for each patient, in collaboration with the patient, family and significant other in an effort to promote wellness and recovery.
- Ensures plan of care will include identified problems.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement the plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care and safety of the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital policies and procedures for transcribing, administering and recording medications.
- Evaluates identified problems and care provided and the patient's responses are reassessed in order to meet the patient and family/significant other needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered.
- Plan of care will be modified, based upon the reassessment in order to meet the individualized needs of the patient and family/significant other.
- Maintains concurrent and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the multidisciplinary team, in order to ensure quality care.
- Nursing assessment is complete and accurately documented per unit policy.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a state accredited school of nursing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Position requires standing 2/3 of the time, walking 2/3 of the time, requires sitting 1/3 of the time, use of hands to finger, handle or feel 2/3 of the time, reach with hands and arms, 1/3 of the time, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 1/3 of the time, talk or hear over 2/3 of the time.
- Manual dexterity and intermittent physical exertion when performing job activities.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Subject to unpredictable situations, patient crises, both medical and psychiatric.
- Occasionally exposed to patients exhibiting assaultive behaviors.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires use of personal protective equipment.
- May be exposed to varying or extreme temperatures.
Posting Number: 23ST2539
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Rutgers University
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities. As it was at our founding in 1766, the heart of our mission is preparing students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey's land-grant institution and one of the nation's foremost research universities, and as such, we educate, make discoveries, serve as an engine of economic growth, and generate ideas for improving people's lives.
Connections working at Rutgers University
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*