Mental Health Clinician II
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Internal Number: 211256
Rutgers The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Mental Health Clinician II within Rutgers University Behavioral Healthcare.
Under direction, the Mental Health Clinician II serves as the senior mental health practitioner within the Young Adult Intensive Outpatient program (IOP) providing lead functions for the program, to include screening of intakes and referrals, care coordination, ensuring completion of program specific documentation and/or comprehensive assessment and therapeutic intervention for the psychological and social needs of adult individuals served (18 and over), including development of treatment plans, conducting individual, group, and family therapy, and providing case management. Assists with the provision of clinical supervision to licensing candidates as assigned.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Contributes to and supports goals and objectives of the Unit and UBHC.
- Demonstrates knowledge of University Behavioral Health Care's vision, mission and values as they relate to service provision, daily activities, decisions and quality improvement priorities and consistently behaves in accordance with established policies and procedures as observed by supervisor.
- Assesses treatment needs and provides evidence based treatment services and/or case management as clinically indicated to assigned individuals served (individuals, groups and families) that is consistent with the service design and philosophy of the program and in accordance with accepted professional and ethical standards of UBHC.
- Provides assessments and ongoing therapeutic services with flexibility, empathy and concern for individuals served based on sound clinical judgment as indicated by supervisory observation and feedback from individuals served, families and fellow team members.
- Maintains and oversees the maintenance of assigned individuals' clinical record in compliance with UBHC, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other applicable regulatory and accreditation standards that meets quality and program standards.
- Completes clinically appropriate admission paperwork, assessments and evaluations, treatment and/or recovery plans, progress notes, transfer and termination/discharge summaries and instructions consistent with UBHC policy and program standards as indicated by periodic record review and supervisory observation.
- Provides assigned lead functions for the department..
- Takes a lead role in providing orientation, training, team leadership in the department.
- Attends to professional self-development by remaining current in knowledge of trends and development in mental health, addictions or co-occurring disorders
- Participates meaningfully in supervision/consultation as demonstrated by integration of supervisory material in clinical practice as observed by supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in mental health discipline plus two (2) years post Master's experience in the mental health field including delivering psychotherapeutic services to the identified population, or a Doctorate Degree.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to speak clearly and write/type proficiently is essential.
- Ability to implement universal precautions and safety precautions.
- Extended sitting is required to provide treatment and prepare clinical documentation.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Subject to unpredictable situations and both medical and psychiatric crises.
- Possible exposure to patients exhibiting assaultive behaviors.
- Possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens that require use of personal protective equipment.
- May be exposed to varying or extreme temperatures.
Posting Number: 23ST2541
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Rutgers University
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities. As it was at our founding in 1766, the heart of our mission is preparing students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey's land-grant institution and one of the nation's foremost research universities, and as such, we educate, make discoveries, serve as an engine of economic growth, and generate ideas for improving people's lives.
Connections working at Rutgers University
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*