Staff Research Associate
The Bhushan Lab at the UCSF Diabetes Center is seeking a lab technician as a Staff Research Associate. The main focus of our research is to identify and develop new models to study the role of senescence in Diabetes and Aging related diseases.
The research is equally divided between in-vivo and in-vitro studies. The candidate will manage lab business (20% time) and provide support for scientists and postdoctoral fellows in the lab (80% time).
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
Unique among diabetes facilities nationwide, our Diabetes Center unites the research, clinical care and education aspects of diabetes into a comprehensive program to improve the quality of life of those living with diabetes.
- Mouse handling and colony management
- BA/BS degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related sciences, and knowledge of, or experience with, the basic techniques or methods required by the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with basic biochemical assays, tissue culture, molecular biology techniques, high-throughput sequencing, programming such as python/R, histology and basic animal handling experience (may be that which is acquired while in school)
- Methodological knowledge on how to optimize the molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and cellular assays to be performed
- Basic skills in statistical analysis and the use of relevant statistical software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of molecular cloning
- Knowledge of mouse genetics and husbandry
- Basic mammalian tissue culture techniques
- Basic understanding of trouble-shooting experiments and problem solving
- Basic understanding of tissue sectioning, histology, staining and imaging
- Preparation of scientific figures using Power Point, Adobe Illustrator, and/or similar programs
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009613 SRA 1
Research and Scientific
University Professional Technical Employees – Research Support Professionals Unit (UPTE-RX)
Parnassus Heights (SF)
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*