Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty: Finance
Quinnipiac University's School of Business invites applications for one full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Finance with an expected start date of Fall 2024. Priority will be given to applicants with backgrounds in Derivatives, Behavioral Finance, Trading & Microstructure, Fintech, Alternative Investments, and Portfolio Management. Candidates with an interest and experience in Investments (traditional), and Corporate Finance will also be considered. This position is part of the School's strategic plan to transform the existing finance major in response to industry trends.
You will be involved in research, teaching, and knowledge transfer/impact in the field of finance, broadly defined. For this position, we seek candidates interested in the intersection of Derivatives, Behavioral Finance, Fintech, Alternative Investments, Trading and Microstructure
We also welcome candidates with specific expertise and interests in Corporate Finance, Investment, and Markets & Institutions.
The faculty of the Finance Department have diverse research interests, covering a wide range of topics in Asset Management, Derivatives, Alternative assets, and behavioral finance. Additionally, faculty members are engaged in research related to emerging technologies, such as blockchain and artificial intelligence, and their impact on business and society.
The Finance major and minor programs combine strong academic scholarship and rigorous theoretical and empirical research with immersive, practice-based learning opportunities for students in, corporate finance, asset management, investments, and FinTech. The faculty of the Finance Department publish regularly in top journals, including JFQE, JEB, QREF among many others.
About the School:
The mission of the Quinnipiac University School of Business is to help students develop into enlightened global citizens and thriving professionals and leaders in careers of the 21st century. To fulfill this mission, the school fosters a vibrant learning environment by developing innovative pedagogies, advances an inclusive learning community, supports faculty efforts to advance knowledge and inquiry through research and scholarship, offers stimulating, real-world applied and immersive learning, and engages with the business community. Our 99.7% placement rate among undergraduates and graduates within 6 months of graduation is a strong index of our success.
The Quinnipiac University School of Business is a dynamic, student-centric community that includes 1450 undergraduate and 550 graduate students. We offer 13 undergraduate majors, 15 minors, 3 dual degree programs, 4 accelerated dual degree programs, and 5 graduate degree programs. We offer in classroom as well as online programs. We are an AACSB accredited school in business and have earned the distinctive AACSB accreditation in accounting. Our 60 full-time faculty, administrators, and administrative support staff are committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service. The school is a signatory to the UNPRME. As a part of its vision for the future, the School of Business is constructing a new building to create an environment to enhance students’ learning and social development while providing faculty state-of-the-art facilities for research, advanced pedagogy, and immersive learning approaches.
About the Finance Department:
The finance department offers a B.S. in Finance and is in the process of launching a separate B.S. in Financial Technology (FinTech), expected to launch Fall 2024. The department also supports a variety of graduate courses in the MBA and Professional MBA programs and has a strong focus on applied learning for its approximately 350 undergraduate Finance majors. Quinnipiac University Global Asset Manage Education Forum (GAME), is the largest student-run conference in the world, attracts nearly 1,500 students and faculty from over 125 colleges around the country. It offers participants the rarest of opportunities: to discuss and debate financial best practices with world-renowned industry leaders to listen and learn from over 125 Wall Street professionals. Additionally, the department also supports a large student managed fund from over a $4.0 million carve out of the university endowment using the resources of the school’s Terry Goodwin Financial Technology Center. Courses emphasize real world applications of financial theories, models, and assessment of market perception of value.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Develop and teach experiential courses both on ground and online in the various sub-domains of Finance.
- Teaching load is 3/3 (tenure track).
- Conduct research and publish in high-quality journals.
- School/university-level service is required.
- The position will support recruitment, advising, retention and co-curricular activities for students in the finance major and minor programs at the undergraduate level, and MBA as well as the Professional MBA at the graduate level.
- Contribute to the overall supportive culture of the School of Business by participating in workshops, retreats, and other relevant activities.
- Other duties include advising and mentoring students; prepare and deliver active learning course content and engaging class activities; compile, administer, and grade assignments/ examinations.
- Help to build external partnerships for guest speakers, internships, job placement, and curricular development (e.g., sources of case studies).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills also required.
- Collaborate with other Finance and School of Business faculty in research and teaching, as well as with the Quinnipiac community in general, including in support of the University’s Lifelong Learning Initiatives.
- Ph.D. in finance, FinTech, Investments, or a closely related field (ABD candidates with a clear completion timeline will be considered) from an AACSB accredited Business School.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment
- Scholarly activity to meet Quinnipiac School of Business-AACSB Scholarly Academic (tenure track) standards.
- Experience or expertise in econometrics, and coding in Python and/or R, as well as the following emerging areas such as Derivatives, Behavioral Finance, Trading & Microstructure, Fintech
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level and/or graduate level, preferably in various modalities.
- Demonstrated evidence of scholarly publication.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in innovative teaching on an individual and team basis.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in service activities, e.g. at the college, university, and professional levels
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the role, including but not limited to your teaching and research interests and experiences.
- A curriculum vitae (please include evidence of teaching effectiveness, relevant industry Ph.D. in finance, FinTech, Investments, or a closely related field (ABD candidates with a clear completion timeline will be considered) from an AACSB accredited Business School.
- experience, student mentoring, scholarly activity, and service).
- A description of previous teaching experience including course evaluations.
- Job market paper or other research samples
- Diversity and inclusion statement, describing the candidate's experiences and commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the academic community
- Contact information for three references on the application form
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*