Academic Program Administrator
Location: Houston, TX, United States,
Internal Number: 2949
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please attach a cover letter and a resume in PDF format in the Supporting Documents section of the application.
The Academic Program Administrator is responsible for the overall administration of the graduate and undergraduate programs in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. This includes managing graduate student recruitment and admissions, providing curriculum support, coordinating the accreditation process, and monitoring student progress. The incumbent will work closely with the directors of graduate and undergraduate programs and will serve as the departmental liaison to the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. The ideal candidate will have related experience and will possess a high level of professionalism, excellent organization and interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt and anticipate needs.
This position is in person on the Rice University campus with some flexibility for remote work.
Proposed Hiring Range: $50,000 - $60,000 per year depending upon qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree
- In lieu of the education requirement, additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis may be substituted
- Three years of related administrative or education workplace (i.e. college/university; elementary/middle/high school; school district experience) experience
- Skills Required
- Ability to develop and initiate new strategies
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules
- Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans and handling issues when necessary
- Strong client service orientation and attention to detail
- Knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans"
- Administers program operations, ensuring efficient, effective, and productive operations
- Creates and implements plans to achieve graduate and undergraduate program objectives and mission
- Interprets, implements, and ensures compliance with policies and regulations and recommends changes to procedures and processes
- Analyzes data, identifies trends, develops reports and recommends and implements changes to improve alignment with institutional mission and goals
- Creates and implements outreach plans that may include relationship development, communications, event and conference management
- Provides support in developing relationships with internal and external entities
- Directly responsible for graduate student recruitment and admissions, student records, curriculum support, coordinating the accreditation process, managing scholarships and fellowships, and monitoring student progress
- Directly responsible for student hiring and managing student work assignments; works with Human Resources and the Office of International Students and Scholars to ensure compliance with all university policies and federal labor laws
- Maintains and updates course scheduling, curriculum documents, and academic advising resources
- Administers accreditation requirements and coordinates administrative components of degree plans
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Interprets department and university policy governing graduate programs and provides expert advice to students, faculty, and staff
- Assists the department chair, the Sr. Department Administrator, and the directors of graduate and undergraduate programs with reports, data accumulation, and analysis as needed
- Serves as departmental liaison to the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, the Office of International Students and Scholars and the Dean's Office in the School of Engineering.
About George R. Brown School of Engineering
The George R. Brown School of Engineering ranks among the top 20 of undergraduate engineering programs (US News & World Report) and is strongly committed to nurturing the aspirations of faculty, staff and students in an inclusive environment
We seek greater representation of women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans in disciplines in which they have historically been underrepresented; to attract international students from a wider range of countries and backgrounds; to accelerate progress in building a faculty and staff who are diverse in background and thought; and we support an inclusive environment that fosters interaction and understanding within our diverse community.
Rice University HR | Benefits
Rice Mission and Values
Mission and Values | Rice University
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Faculty and staff are expected (but not required) to have completed a full vaccination series for COVID-19 (currently defined as full course COVID-19 Vaccine (typically two shots of a WHO-approved COVID-19 Vaccine or one J&J) and a COVID-19 booster. Rice does not require documentation for COVID 19 vaccination at this time for faculty and staff. More information can be found here: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/policies
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*