- Virginia Tech
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 05/04/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Apply now Job no:515962
Work type:Research Faculty
Senior management: College of Engineering
Department: Electrical and ComputerEngineering
Categories:Engineering, Research / Scientific
A Postdoctoral Associate position is available for a transdisciplinary project to develop an intelligent Wearable Analyzer for Vapor Exposure (iWAVE), which is a highly advanced micro-engineered gas chromatography (µGC) instrument for environmental monitoring. For more information about our research in micro analytical chemistry, please visit: http://agah-lab.org
The postdoctoral associates in these positions will work as part of a team/independently to conduct research for iWAVE development. (Additional) Responsibilities include:
- Plan and conduct research.
- Assist with grant applications.
- Coordinate activities with other members of the VT MEMS lab and with other collaborators.
- Supervise students as needed.
- Pursue research goals with routine consultation but limited supervision.
- Assist in design, execution, and interpretation of research projects to gain practical experience in the field.
- Prepare professional presentations, reports, and publications.
- Engage in collaborative work with peers to achieve research objectives.
Ph.D. in engineering or chemistry, or related field. PhD must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
Demonstrated research competency in any of the following categories:
- Analytical and micro analytical chemistry with emphasis on GC,
- adsorption and separation sciences,
- stationary phase coating/development,
- portable/MEMS-enabled gas chromatography,
- environmental monitoring,
- GC/MS analysis
(The candidate will work in Dr. Linsey Marr’s and Dr. Masoud Agah’s labs.)
Commensurate with Experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kathy Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.