Faculty-Adjunct-Graduate Business Program
- Johnson & Wales University
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- Category: Faculty-Business-Finance
- Posting Date: 07/23/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Prepares and delivers relevant course content using a variety of teaching methods and assessments that support student learning. Ensures that students achieve and demonstrate mastery of stated learning objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Teaches assigned course(s) by delivering appropriate course content to students, preparing course materials and lesson plans, and addressing students questions and/or concerns
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement and performance in accordance with university policies and procedures
- Distributes to each student, in each course, a university approved syllabus that includes course objectives, texts, attendance policy and materials required for course and evaluation criteria
- Communicates early with any student in danger of failure or in need of individual counseling
- Refers students to appropriate university sources for information, guidance, financial assistance, career development, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an earned Ph.D. or DBA degree in accounting, finance, operations management or a related field of study from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or other appropriate accreditation as determined by Johnson & Wales University
- Ability to teach evening classes
- Successful candidates must be committed to working effectively with diverse student populations
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level
Qualified candidates must live or relocate within a 100 mile radius of the Providence Campus location upon hire.
Official college/university transcripts are required prior to hire.
By applying to this posting, you are entering an applicant pool for adjunct faculty, which will be hired on an as needed basis for the 2021-2022 academic year. As such, not everyone in the applicant pool for this position will be contacted and/or selected to teach.
Embracing diversity for a richly inclusive community is a Guiding Principle at JWU. Our students, faculty and staff have varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that unite us as one community and contribute to our success. We are committed to enhancing the diversity of our workforce teams and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.