Post Doctoral Researcher
- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 07/24/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Post Doctoral Researcher
Job no: 496358
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA seeks a candidate for postdoctoral research fellowship. The postdoctoral fellow will join interprofessional teams engaged in clinical and community-based research to impact health and wellness of individuals and communities.
The initial appointment will be for one year, with the potential for funding to be extended a second year. Decisions regarding fellowship extensions will be based on scholarly productivity, mid-year and year-end progress reports, and availability of resources. The position provides salary and benefits consistent with NIH postdoctoral fellows.
This specific Fellowships focuses on:
Health equity and behavioral interventions; community health and prevention at the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University (Dr. Roberta Waite email@example.com)
Communication with Dr. Waite is encouraged prior to submitting an application.
The statement should be 2-3 pages double spaced and include:
- Career objectives/research goals
- Specific research interest
- Plans for the fellowship, including the knowledge, skills, and competencies the applicant seeks to obtain
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Official Transcript from Doctoral program
Questions about application procedures should be directed to: Darin Dunston 267-359-5927 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all materials as a single PDF document to: Darin Dunston email@example.com
This post-doctoral research fellow will work in collaboration with Dr. Waite who specializes in behavioral health and conducts research to improve health and health care of individuals, families and community members in historically excluded populations with a goal of translating research findings into clinical practice and have policy implications. Research will primarily be centered within a transdisciplinary clinical community-based trauma-informed setting that strives to engage in antiracist practices. The post-doctoral research fellow will participate in the following activities:
1) Assist with program evaluation for projects;
2) Community oriented initiatives
3) Develop - (a) research grants (e.g., PCORI, RWJF, AHRQ, NIH), (b) manuscripts for publication and (c) participate in conference presentations.
The Fellow will participate in the CNHP Postdoctoral fellowship program and will have access to faculty and college resources. The Fellow will create an individualized development plan to guide his/her independent research activities during the fellowship. Through participation in the CNHP Postdoctoral Fellowship program, the Fellow will have access to CNHP faculty and college resources to enhance the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to become a successful independent investigator.
- PhD or Doctorate, Nursing, Behavioral Health Profession, Public Health or a related field
- Commitment to a research career.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and the proven ability to liaise with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive and innovative.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to prioritize a range of tasks and meet deadlines.
- A willingness to learn, be a collaborative team member.
Center City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Jul 23 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 23 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend