- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 07/27/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job no: 496354
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
This position requires a strong experimentalist with demonstrated experience in synthesis and processing of 2D materials for electronic applications.
The selected candidate should have a background understanding and characterizing electronic properties of materials, have experience working in a clean room environment, and at synchrotron sources.
Experience with XAS, PPMS, AFM, XPS, and with magnetic characterization is a plus.
Applicants must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment. This appointment is offered for one year with the possibility of extension up to 3 years.
- A PhD or Doctorate is required.
- 1 or more years' of directly related experience required.
- Background understanding and characterizing electronic properties of materials is required.
- Experience with XAS, PPMS, AFM, XPS, and with magnetic characterization is a plus.
- University City.
- This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Jul 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend