Post Doctoral Fellow
- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 08/13/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Post Doctoral Fellow
Job no: 496482
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
A postdoctoral researcher position is available in Dr. Hasan Ayaz’s lab in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems of Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA. This position requires a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with strong research background and experience in data science and machine learning methods with experience in non-invasive neuroimaging, neuroergonomics research, computer programming, biomedical signal processing, statistical learning, and data analysis.
The postdoctoral researcher will participate in ongoing data collection and analysis efforts for non-invasive neuroimaging for clinical, scientific, and everyday applications with a focus on application of deep learning methods. The researcher will interact with other members of the PIs group as well as collaborators to conduct research, develop experimental approaches and author publications. This is a one-year renewable term appointment depending on funding and performance.
- Coordinate experimental data collection and analysis with neuroimaging and physiological monitoring.
- Author publications and present findings to the scientific/academic community
- Develop data analysis approaches for individual experiments
- Engage in Experimental Design, coordination with institutional IRBs, and data collection
- Perform signal processing, feature extraction, data analysis, visualization and interpretation on existing and new datasets
- Help developing and writing research proposal and applying for research grants
- Collaborate with industry and academic partners on research projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the PI.
- A PhD or Doctorate Degree in Biomedical Engineering or an equivalent field of study.
- Proficiency in computer programming both high-level (Matlab and/or Python) and low level (C, C#, etc.) languages.
- Experience with statistical analysis (SPSS, NCSS, R, etc.) and machine learning methods.
- Proficiency with wearable and multimodal neuroimaging data analysis (EEG and fNIRS) with publication track record.
- First author publications in internationally recognized venues in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English language.
- Successful applicants should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work independently as well as work well with collaborators on projects.
- Experience with clinical data collection such as mental health or neurological conditions.
- Experience with deep learning methods
- University City.
- This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Aug 11 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 11 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend