Post Doctoral Researcher
- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 08/13/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Post Doctoral Researcher
Job no: 496473
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Materials Electrochemistry Laboratory in the Materials Science & Engineering Department at Drexel University is searching for a Post-Doctoral Researcher to work on creating new two-dimensional (2D) oxide/carbon heterostructures for electrodes in energy storage devices. This research project will involve synthesis, characterization and electrochemical study with the aim to answer specific scientific questions related to structure and chemistry of 2D heterostructures as well as interactions between synthesized materials and electrochemically cycled ions, contributing to the development of future high performing electrochemical energy storage systems. Characterization of 2D heterostructures will involve collaboration with members of the Energy Frontiers Research Center for Mesoscale Transport Properties at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL).
- Contribute to the project intellectually.
- Lead in writing scholarly papers and grant proposals, publish research results in appropriate refereed journals.
- Engage in the research team activities, comply with and contribute to safety protocols, maintain equipment in the laboratory.
- Assist in mentoring junior group members.
- A PhD or Doctorate in Chemistry, Materials Science & Engineering , or a directly related field is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in the lab working on synthesis, characterization and electrochemical testing of functional inorganic materials.
- University City.
- This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Aug 11 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 11 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend