- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 09/22/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job no: 496752
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Medicine
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease (IMMID) at Drexel University College of Medicine is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to become a member of the IMMID Center for Molecular Virology and Translational Science and IMMID Center for Pathogenic Emergence and Bioinformatics. The candidate will utilize bioinformatics techniques and perform genetic analysis to examine the molecular mechanisms and treatment of HIV/AIDS that will involve the use of CRISPR/Cas/gRNA technologies to inactivate or eliminate integrated HIV-1 provirus during the course of disease. These studies will involve the development of new algorithms to screen for more efficacious gRNAs for targeting the HIV-1 genomes in T cells and macrophages. In addition, the candidate will also be involved in studies to explore the molecular evolution of SARS-CoV2 during the course of human infection.
- Constructing and optimizing deep learning models to assist with laboratory pipelines
- Upkeep of computational notebooks
- Assisting with HIV-1 genomic and CRISPR data analysis
- Designing sequencing experiments for detecting HIV-1 viral quasispecies and understanding how diversity influences disease prognosis
- Mentoring PhD students, masters, and High School students as needed
- Paper writing
- Assisting with writing and applying for laboratory grants
- Other associated duties as assigned
- PhD in Bioinformatics
- We are seeking a resourceful individual who is motivated, highly organized, and pays great attention to detail.
- Applicant must be capable of multi-tasking, replicating experimentation, and meeting set deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Python, PyTorch and other deep learning tools, Snakemake, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as prior writing and slide development experience.
Center City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Sep 20 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 1 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend