Program Director of the Sexuality and Gender Diversity Center
- University of Kansas
- Location: Lawrence, Kansas
- Category: Executive-Other Executive Admin-Student Affairs and Services Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 09/22/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Program Director is the primary leader in providing the strategic vision and management of the Sexuality and Gender Diversity Center (SGD). The SGD Center works primarily with LGBTTQQIIAAA2SSPOD+ (QT) students. This includes the development and implementation of out of class educational programs and learning opportunities for students. As a member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team, this position requires a willingness to work with other campus partners and an ability to effectively interact with students, faculty staff, and other community constituents. The Program Director reports to the Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs.
- Participates in the strategic planning initiatives including program budget
- Provides leadership within all functional areas to deliver student development related programs and services
- Builds effective partnerships to mobilize all areas of the community to engage in transformational education for QT students and the larger community.
- Adapts best practices to deliver effective programs in the field.
- Supervises Program Coordinator(s), Graduate Assistant(s) and any Support Staff.
- Serves on university committees, workgroups, councils and/task forces. Advises university administration on needed policy change. Communicates and collaborates with other entities to ensure programs and services are in compliance with University policies, state and federal law.
25% Assessment and Outreach
- Assists in the implementation of evidenced based education and programming, research and assessment protocols as needed to ensure accountability and learning outcomes.
- Communicates progress via reports and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Provides support to the QT student organizations, other campus and community constituents.
10% Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team and participates on relevant campus committees.
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- This position is required to work on-site.
- This position requires some evening and weekend work.
- Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR bachelor’s degree and 5 years progressively responsible experience.
- Three to Seven (3-7) years of progressively responsible experience working in higher education.
- Two (2) years’ experience supervising QT students service in higher education.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience working with under-represented genders and sexual identities.
- Experience facilitating and designing workshops.
- Experience with group facilitation.
- Experience advising QT college students in a non-therapeutic context.
- Experience developing programs and events with attention to logistics, budgets, contracts, and publicity.
- Leadership experience in strategic planning, visioning, forecasting and fiscal and program management.
- Experience with student development, social justice, and QT identities, cultures, experiences and development theories
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience supervising students and staff.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jane Tuttle, email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous or current supervisor).
- Completion of the online application.
Only complete applications will be considered.
- Application review begins Thursday, October 28, 2021 and continues until a pool of qualified applicants has been identified.