Assistant Professor, Nursing (2 Positions)
- University of Rhode Island
- Location: Kingston, Pennsylvania
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 09/23/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Job Title||Assistant Professor, Nursing (2 Positions)|
|Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications||
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until filled: Applications should be received by October 18, 2021 for first consideration.
The College of Nursing is searching for two Assistant Professors, tenure track position to begin January 2022 or Fall 2022.
The College of Nursing has over 800 undergraduate students and 140 graduate students in MS, DNP, and PhD programs. The College includes a new state-of-the-art facility in Providence (Rhode Island Nursing Education Center (NEC)) providing enhanced opportunities for clinical skills and simulation learning as well as interdisciplinary research and collaborations. The College of Nursing is one of three Colleges comprising the URI Academic Health Collaborative.
These are full-time, permanent, academic year, tenure track positions.
The URI College of Nursing is committed to scientific inquiry, knowledge development, and excellence in teaching. We have built a robust research portfolio and innovative undergraduate and graduate programs that support our mission to prepare nurses to excel as outstanding and compassionate clinicians, scholars, and leaders who will enhance the health and healthcare of individuals, families, communities, and populations both locally and globally. We seek dynamic NP faculty members to join us as we continue to grow. The successful candidates will have an appointment with the College of Nursing with opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration across the campus and within the Academic Health Collaborative which includes the Colleges of Health Science, Nursing, and Pharmacy as well as external partners. The candidates will be expected to establish a program of research in an area that compliments the mission of the College of Nursing and is supported by extramural funding. The successful candidates will also contribute to the University’s teaching mission and participate in service activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Establish and maintain a robust program of research germane to nursing and health that leads to extramural funding.
Maintain a high level of scholarly activity as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and presentations at national and international meetings.
Contribute to the undergraduate and graduate teaching mission of the University by mentoring students and teaching courses for the college.
Serve on college and University committees.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
1. Ph.D. degree at the time of appointment.
2. Demonstrated record of scholarly and/or research productivity commensurate with experience.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated excellence in oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated clinical expertise in an area of specialization.
7. Eligible for RN and/or NP licensure in Rhode Island.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated ability in classroom presentation and/or clinical teaching.
2. At least one year of postdoctoral training in an area related to a program of research germane to nursing and health.
3. Evidence of successful research collaborations.
4. Demonstrated ability to write competitive applications for extramural funding.
5. NP with certification in an area of specialization.
6. Clinical expertise in pediatrics, psychiatric-mental health, maternal health, population health, adult acute care, or primary care nursing.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
|Union||AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors|
|Status||Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, Permanent|
|End Date of Restriction or Limitation|
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu )
|Extension Contingent on Funding Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please attach the following 2 (PDF) documents to your Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae. ________________________________________________________________________________
PLEASE NOTE: Letters of reference upon request only.
|Position Number||107863, 106404|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Quicklink for Posting||https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/8646|