- Temple University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 09/30/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Assistant/Associate Professor - (21003304)
Tenure-Track Faculty Position in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Temple University School of Pharmacy invites applications for tenure-track positions at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level in the broad areas of Biologics, Biomarkers, or Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary research initiatives through the Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research, the CGMP Facility, the Proteomics Facility, and the Jayne Haines Center for Pharmacogenomics and Drug Safety located within the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the School of Pharmacy as well as entrepreneurship and commercialization opportunities through Temple University’s Technology Commercialization and Business Development Offices.
- Develop a vigorous independent research program
- Collaborate with others within the school and university
- Teach and mentor PharmD, MS, and PhD students, and train post-doctoral fellows
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or equivalent degree
- 2+ years of relevant postdoctoral experience
- A strong history of scholarly activity and accomplishments, including authoring and co-authoring high-quality peer-reviewed publications
- A history of extramural funding commensurate with the applicable ranking is expected
- A strong commitment to both research and teaching
- Expertise with tools and techniques for mechanism-based biologic drug discovery and development, identification and measurement of biomarkers, and/or antibody-drug conjugates, is advantageous
Applicants must provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of research plans, a teaching philosophy, and the contact information for three references to:
Professor Ellen A. Walker
Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Temple University School of Pharmacy
c/o Sophon Din
3307 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19140
Electronic submissions supplied as a single .pdf file will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Temple University is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and Affirmative Action regulations.
: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Health Sciences Campus (HSC)-Pharmacy - Allied Health