- Drexel University
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 10/07/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job no: 496961
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Medicine
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
A Postdoctoral position is available in the Barker Laboratory at the Drexel University College of Medicine, in the Department of Pharmacology and Physiology. The Barker Lab combines traditional and cutting-edge techniques to investigate the neural circuits that mediate cognitive control and behavioral flexibility in animal models of neuropsychiatric illnesses, including addiction.
The successful applicant will have a PhD in neuroscience, pharmacology, psychology, or equivalent. The applicant must be comfortable working with mice and have an interest in investigating the neurocircuitry of neuropsychiatric illnesses using in vivo electrophysiology, chemogenetics, and optogenetics. Experience performing behavioral experiments, stereotaxic surgery, and in vivo electrophysiology in rodents is necessary.
- Rodent behavioral neuroscience, including ephys
- Data processing and analysis
- Standard wetlab techniques
- Manuscript writing, data presentation
- Student and lab member training
- PhD or Doctorate in Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychology, or similar field
- Experience in In vivo electrophysiology in rodent
- Scientific manuscript writing and preparation
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
Center City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Oct 5 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Nov 6 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend