Engineering Clerk, Sr. - Grade 6
- Yeshiva University
- Location: New York City, New York
- Category: Admin-Secretary and Administrative Assistants
- Posting Date: 10/15/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Answer telephones and disseminate information to callers, take messages and transfer call to the appropriate individuals;
- Schedule appointments and meetings for Senior Engineering/Facilities Management staff;
- Make necessary arrangements in connection with scheduled meetings including travel reservations and refreshments;
- Frequently take detailed written meeting minutes and notes and may transcribe into official meeting minutes;
- Independently prepare non-routine correspondence;
- Obtain and provide complex data and information;
- Set up and maintain files;
- Utilize computed based programs to type, submit and track purchase orders, check requests, petty cash vouchers, reimbursement forms for business expenses, work orders, etc.;
- Order and maintain supplies, as needed;
- Create new work orders in the work order system and enter updates including labor and materials information, as required;
- Track work orders in the work order system and respond to inquiries;
- Run reports from the work order system;
- Resolve invoice and purchase order discrepancies with Accounts Payable,
- Coordinate the creation of bid packages including typing the bids and compiling the information;
- May instruct staff in standard policies and procedures;
- Compile complex periodic reports;
- Read and route mail;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and 4+ years of related experience is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Knowledge of an engineering environment is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs specified by the department representative;
- Must possess excellent organization and communication skills;
- Outstanding, judgment, initiative and attention to detail are essential;
- Must be able to effectively manage time and resources to prioritize work assignments;
- Must possess excellent customer service skills;
- Must work independently and produce quality work from conception to completion on assigned projects;
- Possess excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Supports activities for multiple supervisors/management within the department.
- Routinely interface with Accounts Payable, Procurement and outside vendors.
- Faculty, staff & senior management will be interfaced with routinely as part of normal departmental process.
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein's major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than 150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art "hospital without beds", a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state's first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Senior Engineering Secretarial Assistant provides administrative support for the Engineering/Facilities Management Department. This position is critical as AECOM engages in the Business Transformation with Montefiore.