Director, Institutional Assessment
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 10/20/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Director, Institutional Assessment
Strategy, Planning, And Effectiveness
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
Commensurate with Education and Experience
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
- Master’s degree in social science or related field, Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience teaching at a post-secondary institution, preferably at a community college.
- Three years’ experience in the area of learning outcomes assessment and program evaluation at a post-secondary educational institution, preferably at a community college.
- Prior experience leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive approach to outcomes assessment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to present research findings in both written and oral formats.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications.
- Supervises the activities of direct reports (two research analysts with a primary focus on assessment).
- Coordinates the work of faculty assigned to support the development and assessment of student learning outcomes at the course, program, and institutional levels
- Collaborates with deans, associate deans, chairs, and faculty in the design and use of measures of student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the college-wide assessment management system.
- Collaborates with Professional Development to provide ongoing training opportunities for faculty and staff in the areas of student learning outcomes assessment and assessment of institutional effectiveness.
- Oversees the regular cycle of unit reviews for every area of the College in collaboration with the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
- Provides guidance to ensure that academic and institutional assessment efforts manifest a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Recommends actions to ensure the design and implementation of meaningful action plans to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness.
- Collaborates with RAE colleagues to design and implement research to identify and longitudinally assess “pathways to success”.
- Collaborates with the Associate Vice President for Strategy, Planning, and Effectiveness to link assessment results to planning and resource allocation efforts.
- Collaborates with the Associate Vice President for Strategy, Planning, and Effectiveness to maintain alignment between area and unit objectives as part of the Strategic Planning process the performance of all employees under his/her supervision.
- Chairs the Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Committee.
- Co-chairs the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
- Represents RAE statewide, regionally, and nationally in initiatives and affinity groups devoted to the improvement of student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
- Prepares all mandatory documents related to reporting the College’s progress in the areas of student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
- Presents orally and in writing, in a manner appropriate to each audience, assessment results.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work. A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment.
- A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application Status; you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background investigation.