Assistant Professor – Nutrition
- University of Rhode Island
- Location: Kingston, Pennsylvania
- Category: Faculty-Health-Nutrition & Dietetics
- Posting Date: 11/20/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Job Title||Assistant Professor – Nutrition|
|Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications||
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December 15, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by February 15, 2022. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (February 15, 2022) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position for the 2022-23 academic year. This position will involve teaching undergraduate and graduate nutrition courses, research, and service. Areas of particular interest include: nutritional epidemiology, behavior change, global nutrition, community/public health nutrition, nutrition and aging, maternal and child nutrition. food policy, and food systems and sustainability. Candidates will be expected to develop a productive, nationally-recognized, and externally-funded research program that works collaboratively across university disciplines.
The Department, College, and University recognize that the field of Nutrition needs to be strengthened by contributions from a broad range of perspectives. The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and seeks to serve as a representative inspiration for the next generations. As such, we particularly welcome candidates from groups that are historically underrepresented, marginalized, and/or excluded in the field of nutrition who will support the mission of both URI and the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences to expose students to different perspectives. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity to enhance a sense of belonging and academic success among undergraduate students from diverse cultures and backgrounds. For more information see the university diversity website: https://web.uri.edu/diversity/
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will have a balanced emphasis on teaching and research; develop and grow independent and collaborative lines of research, secure extramural funding, and disseminate results through high quality venues, including peer-reviewed journals. Service expectations include student advising and serving on committees at the departmental, college, and/or University level.
1. Earned doctorate in Nutrition or closely related area conferred by August 15, 2022.
2. Demonstrated graduate coursework in human nutrition.
3. Demonstrated teaching experience and responsibilities at the college or university level as either an instructor, lecturer, or teaching assistant.
4. Demonstrated ability to develop an independent research program.
5. Evidence of published research in scholarly peer-reviewed journals related to focus area.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in oral communication.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
9. Demonstrated experience and commitment to working and promoting diverse and traditionally underrepresented groups.
1. Registered Dietitian.
3. Independent teaching of an undergraduate or graduate nutrition course at a college or university.
4. Demonstrated ability to secure research funding from extramural grant funding sources.
5. One or more years of postdoctoral research experience.
6. Experience with quantitative software such as R, SAS, Stata, Python, or qualitative software such as NVivo or MAXQDA.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
|Union||AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors|
|Status||Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, Permanent|
|End Date of Restriction or Limitation|
|Department||Nutrition & Food Science|
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)
|Extension Contingent on Funding Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please attach the following 5 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter, which also includes the names and contact information of 3 professional references (as one complete document).
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) A 1-2 page research statement with a 5-year detailed research timeline (as one complete document).
(#4) A 1-page teaching statement/philosophy.
(#5) – “Other Document” – 1-page diversity statement that identifies commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion and action items.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Quicklink for Posting||https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/9013|