F/T Faculty: Communication Department (Fall,2022)
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Category: Communication
- Posting Date: 01/09/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
F/T Faculty: Communication Department (Fall,2022) - Bunker Hill Community College
Location: Boston, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Mon Jan 3 2022 Job Description:
Bunker Hill Community College seeks a full-time, tenure-track Communication Faculty. The College is looking for an enthusiastic, cutting-edge professional with teaching credentials and experience to lead the Communication Program of Study. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing area. The successful candidate must be current in the field, learner-centered and innovative, with a history of teaching experience as well as curriculum and program development.
- Teach a range of courses in Communication, including Introduction to Communication, Public Speaking and Professional Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Intercultural Communication, Analyzing Media, Digital Media, and Communication Internships.
- Foster an equity-minded, learner-centered environment that values and sustains students' cultural wealth.
- Teach in different modalities, including online, hybrid and remote.
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to complement and supplement instruction.
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies.
- Teach in learning communities as appropriate.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments.
- Participate in periodic curriculum and program review, assessment, development and modification.
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
- Master's degree in Communication required. Master's degree or doctorate in a closely related field with core coursework in Communication will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application.
- Experience in college-level teaching of Communication required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Understanding of anti-bias and willingness to learn about and implement culturally responsive curricula and teaching practices.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Demonstrated success teaching online, hybrid and remote modalities preferred.
- Experience in curriculum design preferred.
- Experience in the professional practice of Communication preferred.
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective Date: To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by February 11, 2022