132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Research Assistant I
Title: Research Assistant I
Division: Breast Center
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: $38,212 - $51,683
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Requisition ID: 12695
We are hiring a research assistant in the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine. The Breast Center is a collaborative environment dedicated to breast health and disease research, as well as prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of different forms of breast cancer. We are looking for a motivated candidate to work in the capacity of research assistant. This position is best suited for recent graduates of Bachelor's degree who wish to gain more research experience and/or hands-on bioinformatics skills.
The prospective will be working in a new laboratory headed by a computational biology principal investigator recently funded by CPRIT. The laboratory is interested in integrating various modalities of single-cell sequencing data and spatial genomics data to better understand the contribution of spatial multi-cellular environments to cancer formation, progression.
- Participate in the writing of research papers and grants.
- Keep abreast of latest research findings in journals and conferences.
- Summarize research findings using sound statistics and informative plots/figures.
- Help postdoctoral fellows and bioinformatics programmers in the laboratory in running analysis pipelines, summarizing paper findings, modifying and running command-line Linux Shell scripts, and generating attractive figures for publication purposes.
- Curate datasets obtained from the public repository such as GEO and ArrayExpress. Manage these data in local computers.
- Work together with other bioinformatic tools developers in the laboratory in implementing algorithms and software packages.
- Download data from repositories (GEO) for public data integration, interrogation, and hypothesis generation.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or engineering related field.
- Candidate should have good communication and written skills, good interpersonal skill, and critical thinking skill. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable working with large-scale datasets (single cell and imaging data), and working in the high-performance computing (HPC) environment.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities